Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Craft blog checklist

-Artfully styled photos of finished items. I will make no promises about the 'artfully styled' part, but I will have photos to share.


-Patterns. Also forthcoming. My current project is a bias-crochet granny square baby blanket with leaf trim - maybe that will be the first to appear?

-Philosophical musings about handicrafts. Unfortunately, I cannot promise to generate such gems as this: "We cleanse ourselves, we perform our ablutions; we purify and detoxify. In short, we take bathing to spiritual heights. For such a journey, shouldn't we equip ourselves properly? These scrubbers should do the trick, imbued, as they are, with the devotion inherent in the handmade." (WTF, Purl Bee? It is a SCRUBBER. What does that take, about 7 1/2 minutes to knit?) I may salt - or pepper - the pages with some curmudgeonly observations of my own about the fiber arts, grammar, and/or the human condition. Generally not all at once. We shall see.

-A catchy blog handle. Check. At least I like to think so. 

-Links to Pinterest and Ravelry. Another work in progress, for now.

Since I'm anticipating that this entry will have an audience of one for the time being (me), I can keep this as a builder's list of sorts until I have more materials for the page. But at least it is a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment